Child got fever after vaccination. Is it safe to give 12 drops of crocin?

Dear Sir,
I have my 4 months old son who was vaccinated yesterday. After this vaccination he is getting fever since yesterday night and it is quiet high. My doctor has suggested 12 drops of Crocin whenever needed. My queries are:
1. Is this high doseage of Crocin is ok for child.
2. How many times in a day we can give such a high dose of Crocin drops.
3. Also I want to know that with previous vaccination fever was not high/little but do we expect high fever with this vaccination.
(Note: Next vaccination will be done after nine months).
I am waiting for your kind reply.
Thanks & regards

Posted Sat, 2 Feb 2013 in Vaccinations
Answered by Dr. Kaushik K Murthy 59 minutes later
Hi ,

Thanks for writing. I understand your concern.

The dose of paracetamol is 10 to 15 mg /kg/dose XXXXXXX 4 times a day. 4 months aged male neonate may be about 6 kgs - so the dose will be around 90 mg per time. The brand crocin will have 100mg/ml. So giving 12 drops per time will be approximately 80 mg which is the appropriate dosage.

Fever is subjective and not predictable. Each vaccination varies and also the fever.

9 months vaccine -Measles may also cause mild fever.

Hope I have cleared your doubts. For any other queries , please fell free to contact us.