Child got dengue diagnosed, given crocin and lot of fluids. Complaining leg pain and upset stomach. Suggest?

Hi Doctor
My 12 yr old son got dengue diagnosed last 3 days... his fever ranged from 104 degree 3 days back to 13 and since yesterday he got 100 . Platelets feel from 319 to 250 yesterday over 3 days .. we gave him crocin, and plenty of Real mixed juice, kiwi fruit , poemgrante juice and watermelon , etc .... today he is c omplaining of pain in legs since last nite and some stomach upset...please tell me how do we treat from here? do we need to continue fluids /juices...which juices and fruits ? any medication for leg pain and stomach upset? ...please reply at earliest ...regards,XXXXX
Posted Sat, 5 Oct 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
good hydration and balanced diet is the key

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
What is the proof for degue, you hardly see that much platelets in dengue.
You should get tests for malaria and typhoid also. CBC, LFT and ultrasound of abdomen should also be done.
That much high fever needs hospitalisation
Crocin is okay upto 6times a day, use tepid sponging additionally for high temperatures.
Hydration is mainstay treatment, avoid commercial formulae, use homemade juices, you can use any of them according to taste of the child.
Give warm soups and balanced high protein diets.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!