Child given methadone for severe depression. Which is the best medication to help depression?

My daughter is on methadone 2 ml a day. The last 2 weeks she has been having severe depression. What should she do and what options for medication can she take to help this depression
Posted Sat, 30 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer: SSRI, Vit B complex, pregabalin, Life style change Detailed Answer: Hi thanks for using XXXXXXX I went through the query and understood the concern. Since your daughter is suffering from PTSD and depression the ideal drug should be SSRI like fluoxetine or escitalopram. This is relatively safe and is first line of drug. For nerve problems vitamin B complex with folic acid, pyridoxina and Vit B12 with Pregabalin may help her. You can consult your doctor and discuss on the same for the prescription. Along with the medications daily outdoor activities, physical work, sound sleep and nutritious food will help her. She should spend much of the time with loved ones and be occupied in activities. Avoid any stressful situation. These will help her. Hope this information answered your query and is helpful for you. Feel free to ask if any related query and I will be glad to answer them. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Wish you a very happy life and good health. Regards