Child getting smelly burps, feeling sick, loss of appetite an high temperature. Any treatment?

My son has smelly burps, feels sick, no appetite and a high temperature.
Posted Mon, 15 Oct 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Santosh Kondekar 4 hours later
Smelly burps are often caused by indigestion acidity or reflux disease.
That itself can cause less appetite. Often fever with this may suggest some gut infection so may need tests like cbc and stool routine.
Fever is best treated by paracetamol and tepid water sponging. Furthe information for associatedcomplaints clinical signs may help in being precise.
I hope this addresses your concerns… feel free to write back for any further advice with age and weight of child.
Thank you.