Child getting rashes in the same spot. Skin has tuned white. Rash is bigger than pimples. What could it be?

my daughter is 8 and keeps getting this rash. I dont understand why it occurs in the same spot with usually more red spots including some larger ones bigger then pimples. Also its turning her skin color white and the white part is getting larger. Any idea what this could be? She has no known allergies.
Thank you, XXXXXXX
Posted Mon, 9 Sep 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Looks like an eczematous rash

Detailed Answer:
I have seen the image attached, it looks like eczema. The most common type of eczema involving flexors like inner side of elbow is atopic eczema. Atopic eczema is usually associated with allergies or atopy however it may present singly also and later atopy may manifest. Usually atopic eczema resolves in childhood. If that is the only area involved then its very mild type of eczematous rash.

Treatment would be using mild soaps to bathe, use of intensive moisturisers meant for dry skin and a mild steroid cream till lesions resolve. Once lesions resolve stop steroid cream and just continue with moisturiser and soap.