Child fell on elbow. Developed lump that is bruised and hurts. Is it busted blood vessel or fracture?

My 4 year old fell on his elbow off a swing. There is a lump that is bruised in appearance and hurts too touch. He can squeeze me hand but does note some pain when doing so. Curious if maybe a busted blood vessell or bruised bone or possible fracture
Posted Mon, 20 May 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 1 hour later
Hi ,
Thank you for your query.
I understand your concern.
Do not panic.
There is a possibility of a supracondylar fracture at the elbow if he cannot move the elbow.
First apply ice packs to the local area and give him some acetaminophen.
If the swelling and the pain persists he will require an X XXXXXXX of the elbow to rule out a fracture.
If you have any further queries you are free to consult me.
Hope this answers your query.
Wishing a speedy recovery.
Do not worry we are there to help you out.
Have a nice day.