Child fell down, no bruise or swelling appeared. Got fever and heavy breathing. Giving tylenol. Concerned

My 2 year old fell off my bed yesterday and has had a fever since. I've been giving Tylenol as directed and it had worked minimally. She again has a fever tonight and has been crabby all day and is showing heavy breathing. However the breathing doesn't seem to be difficult or strained. Her activity is normal, pupils fine and no lacerations or bruising or swelling from the fall. What should I do? Thanks for your help!
Posted Sun, 21 Apr 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 58 minutes later
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

Developing any significant symptom following a head injury in a small child should be taken seriously. You have mentioned that your daughter has developed fever, irritability and heavy breathing following the fall. In such a case, it is advisable to have her checked by a doctor so that any serious problem such as a head injury is ruled out.

So, I would suggest that you take her to a pediatrician as early as possible, for a proper physical examination and assessment, so that further treatment can be planned accordingly.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar