Child fell down from stairs. Minor bruise on lower right back and spotting. Reason?

Apr 2014

My 7 year old fell down about 10 carpeted stairs today. She was fine except a minor bruise on her lower right back. She is in no pain but had some spotting on the TP when she went pee this evening. This happened one time, the previous time, shortly after she fell, there was no blood or discoloration in the urine. The third time, after the spotting, there was no blood or discoloration. I pressed her belly all around, no pain. I pressed her lower back, even on the bruise, no pain. She ate a good dinner and says she feels great. I'm thinking the kidney was banged when she fell, but do I need to take her in to the doctor tomorrow?
Posted Sun, 10 Nov 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
At present she needs observation only.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX

It is relieving that after fall from stairs,she is alright and doing well.
Bony injury is excluded as she is having no problem in body movement.
For history of spotting,at present she needs only close observation.
If it recurs then you should definitely consult urosurgeon.
She may need ultrasound of abdomen.CT Scan can be done if needed.
It will exclude any renal or other injuries.

Get well soon.
Hope i have answered your query.
Further queries are most welcome.

Take Care