Ask a Dentist   »  

Child fell down and hit her mouth. Torn gums and exposed bone. What to do?

my 2 year old daughter fell and hit her mouth on the side of the table and tore her gum now her adult teeth are exposed. will the gum line grow back down where it was
Posted Thu, 14 Nov 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
thanks for sending the question.

I would suggest immediate evaluation by a dentist or maxillofacial surgeon. Exposed bone is always something that physicians evaluate immediately for prediction of how well healing will occur and if some type of surgical procedure is indicated.

Thanks again for sending your question. Please let us know if you have additional concerns.

Dr. Galamaga