Child fell and banged legs. Area around has swollen, applying ice. Suggest?

My 15 year old fell around 2 hours ago and banged his leg on the side of a wooden stool causing a gash. He was down for a short while with ice, but then got up and was moving about tentatively on the leg. He is now lying down, but the area around the gash has now swollen. We are applying ice, but wondering if it needs to be seen immediately or looked at in the morning? It is 10pm here.
Posted Wed, 9 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Guru 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Needs to be seen immediately

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for consulting HealthCareMagic!

I have read his clinical presentation carefully. As it is swollen now, there is chance of fracture. He needs x XXXXXXX first and immobilisation. And any delay in diagnosis, would complicate treatment. It needs to be evaluated immediately and please do not delay until morning.

Hope I have answered your query. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows:
Wish you good health.