Child feeling tired, lethargic and have fever. What is the required treatment?

My five year old complained of being tired more than he ever has before and was clearly more lethargic than ever before. He also said his legs hurt and felt like he couldn't lift them. Had a 99.9 temp.
Posted Mon, 22 Oct 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 12 minutes later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to answer your question.

If these symptoms of getting tired and more lethargy are for quite sometime, it is likely that he might be anemic. Check his hemoglobin levels for confirmation.

If it is of shorter duration, it might be due to a possible viral infection which might also be the cause of the slight increase in temperature you have mentioned. Give him tylenol and if he is dehydrated give him pedialyte solution.

I hope that answers your question.

If you have no more questions, kindly accept this answer and rate this service.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini