Child feeling tired due to fever and on low appetite. What do you recommend?
User rating for this question
My 4 year old has become tired over the last few days. Low appetite in the last 24 hours. Plays ok but going to sleep 2 hrs earlier than usual. Also has a fever.
Posted Mon, 25 Nov 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: Give plenty of oral fluids. Paracetamol for fever. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic. What is the duration of fever? Is he having any symptoms focal infections such as throat pain, cold, cough, ear pain, stomach pain, or loose stools? The above details are important to know the cause and focus of fever, so I request you to provide these details in your follow up query. Children with fever usually get tiredness easily and will have low appetite. Once they recover from the fever illness these problems will settle down. For fever you can give paracetamol in prescribed dose every 6th or 8th hourly depending on the presence of fever. Ask him to drink plenty of oral fluids and water to maintain hydration. Give soft diet for easy digestion. And he needs clinical examination to look for the focus of infection like throat infection, ear infection which is causing fever. Therefore I suggest you to consult the pediatrician for clinical examination to look for the cause of fever and to prescribe specific medication. Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know. Regards.
People also viewed
- Stomach ache tired low grade fever child
- Maca root buttocks results before and after
- Feeling tired and low grade fever
- Less bowel movements 19 month old
- 19 month old teeth bleeding
- Macujo method hair drug test
- 19 month nose bleeds
- Low grade fever tired loss of appetite
- Loss of appetite low grade fever tired pregnancy
- Lyme disease leg pain
- Low grade fever lethargic loss of appetite child
- Less bowel movements grey 19 month old
- Magnesium oxide over the counter
- Home remedies for cold for 18mon old
- Lymphatic drainage of tongue