Child feeling sick during climate change. Not well at least once a month. Could I ask a doctor?

Question
I have son of 41/2 years of age who tends to fall sick when ever there is climate change almost every month at least once in a month, should i consult a specialist, please suggest
Posted Wed, 30 Oct 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
consult a pediatrician

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,

It is an expected fact that the child gets sick when there is climate change.

However, falling sick frequently every month is not that good. Yes, you could get your son checked by a Pediatrician.

You may have to do certain basic tests for him like complete blood count (CBC) to check his immune status.

Meanwhile, you can give him multivitamin syrup like Zincovit around 5 ml daily.

Let me know if I can help you further.

Follow-up: Child feeling sick during climate change. Not well at least once a month. Could I ask a doctor? 29 minutes later
Thanks Doctor, we have started with Zincovit since long.

i am showing him to pediatric Dr. Sharat XXXXXXX in Kurla but have been asked my family physician to stop seeing him as his dosage is on high side and using omnakatil

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
no need to stop seeing the doctor

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,

I do not see a reason as to why you should stop seeing your pediatrician.

I do not think any doctor will put the patient on unnecessarily high dosage. Also, in my view, your son needs omnacortil.

Continue to give him Zincovit until around he is 11 years old.

Take care!

Follow-up: Child feeling sick during climate change. Not well at least once a month. Could I ask a doctor? 9 minutes later
Thanks Doctor

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome, anytime

Detailed Answer:
Good day ahead!