Child feeling discomfort and burning sensation in clitoris. What cure should be done?

Hi, my two year old daughter often complains that her clitorus is burning and/or "tickling" as she says and cries as I imagine from the discomfort. It is not red, she does not complain to urinate however there is always some discharge - not alot but always evident. She also makes it difficult for me to clean as she says it hurts her clitorus when I wipe and I am alwas so careful and wipe so softly but still she screams (this has always been the case from about 8 mnths). Doctors have done urine tests but it has always come out clear - what could this be from and what can I apply or give her to ease the irritation or stop it from happening.
Posted Mon, 10 Dec 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Kaushik K Murthy 3 hours later
The condition your child is facing may be only a minimal contact dermatitis. This means that the skin is getting irritated when its coming into contact with a particular agent.
Looking into her past history of difficulty in passing the stools i.e constipation, this also might be a contributing factor for her present condition. My advice for you is to include or increase the fiber content in her food which mostly comes from fruits and vegetables, nuts like almonds etc to help her relieve her constipation. Avoid using diapers for a longer duration , do not use any detergents or baby wipes to clean her clitoris as this may aggravate the condition by causing more irritation.
I also recommend you to get a Dermatologist to examine your child.The treatment will be best given only after examining the child.
Additionally, get a urine for culture and sensitivity pattern to be repeated and make sure it's a mid stream urine sample.
Let me know if I can address any more concerns
Follow-up: Child feeling discomfort and burning sensation in clitoris. What cure should be done? 20 hours later
Many thanks for your response Dr. XXXXXXX - what you say makes absolute sense - will make and appointment with a dermatologist to investigate further.
Kind Regards,

Answered by Dr. Kaushik K Murthy 5 hours later
Thanks for the feedback.
If you have no more questions, please close this discussion