Child feeling cold and feet turns blue. Should I be worried?

Pediatrician, Neonatology
Hi Doctor, My Son is 2 years 1 month old, he goes to the nursery and at time he sleeps in the nursery, just received a call from Nursery that when he gets up his feet is blue. the Head Teacher did confirmed it is very cold and he never wears the socks. Is it something to worry? though i have fixed an appointment with the Peadiatric Doctor later today
Posted Fri, 30 Nov 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 24 minutes later
welcome to HCM
This peripheral cyanosis is called acrocynosis.
You have to keep him covered well especially with socks and shoes.
If he has been otherwise normal like no cyanosis at rest, no breathing difficulty etc then nothing to worry.
Some times low blood sugar also can manifest like this.
Check whether he has been eating well in the Nursery!
All the best
God bless
Dr Uma