Child feeding properly but not sleeping more at stretch. Suggest?

My baby boy is now of 6 months and from beginning it self he is not taking mother milk so according to suggestion from health care and other doctor we feed him lactogen and pasturise milk. but one thing is really of worry that he is not sleeping more than 5 hours and sometimes we can notice water from his right eye as he play a lot.kindly suggest is it matter of concern as according to his age catogary all baby sleep atleast 10 to 12 hours.
Posted Wed, 9 Oct 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
Do not be concerned...

Detailed Answer:

Not all babies sleep for 10 to 12 hours at a stretch. The figures you mentioned is not fixed to all babies.

On an average, most babies at 6 months have 3-4 naps ranging from 4-6 hours. Over the period of next 6 months, they would have a shorter day time naps and longer night time sleep. At about 9-11 months, 75% babies would be able to sleep almost through the night on most days. So the amount of sleep your boy is getting seems sufficient and normal. You need not be very concerned.

Watering from eyes can occur due to multiple physician and emotional changes. It becomes a concern when there is persistent watering (which can happen due to nasolacrimal duct obstruction), when you notice any lumpy growth at the eye angle or if there is associated redness, nasal congestion and fever.
Your description of symptoms seems normal to me.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.