Child drank old water stored in bottle. Please help

Question
my two years old daughter drank 3 months stored water from old water bottle.what can do now.. please help me?
She dranks little water from water bottle tube. THis hapens just now i.e september 2 nd at 7.43 am.. i need u r help
.11
Posted Sat, 22 Sep 2012 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 1 hour later
Thanks for writing in.
I dont think there is nothing that needs to be done right now. The worst case scenario is that your daughter would develop a gastrointestinal infection due to this water. That would lead to fever, diarrhoea and vomiting. This can be treated using plenty of fluids like oral rehydration solution, and probably a course of antibiotics as well.
I dont think you should be worrying. We can perfectly deal with this situation if the need arises.
Let me know if you have any other concerns

Follow-up: Child drank old water stored in bottle. Please help 23 hours later
Thanks doctor..

Hi
Sure.
Let me know if you have any more concerns. If not, please close this discussion