Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

Child drank floor cleaner. Side effects?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1722 Questions
My kid was 2 years age had taken little bit of lizol floor cleaner. What should i do?
what are the side effects?
Posted Fri, 1 Jun 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later

Lizol floor cleaner has chemical substances which are acidic in nature. Hence the acid cleaner can corrode the tissues of the human body that it reaches especially mouth, oesophagus and stomach.

I suggest to take your child to the local hospital immediately without wasting time. Every minute is precious and you should only relax when the first aid is done and the serious consequences are ruled out.

Hope this helps you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor