Child diagnosed with high level prolactin after blood test. Had MRI with suspected microlemona. Suggest?

hi my daughter has been ill and blood results came back with a Prolactin Level of 5250, the drs performed an urgent MRI which was inconclusive and suspected a microlemona, now after further blood tests her prolactin has dropped dramatically to 120, is this normal for a microlenoma patient
Posted Mon, 13 May 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 4 hours later
Thanks for posting your query on health care magic.

Normal upper limit of prolactin is 20.
Value of 120 is above the normal limit.
This is usually seen in stress, emotional disturbances, thyroid problem and microprolactinemia.
Since MRI is inconclusive, i recommend you to get her thyroid profile done on a urgent basis.

Hope this helps.
Let me know if you need further clarifications.
I will be happy to help.
Dr Nilofer