Child crying due to stomach pain, stopped passing stools or urinating. Constipation. Help

My child is crying due to stomachache, last three days she was totally stop stooling /latrine, She have always some constipation problem but I feel it is almost enough, when she is scramming... please help
Posted Wed, 3 Oct 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 24 minutes later

Due to irregular food habits and immature digestion system, it is a common presentation for the children to have constipation.

Treating constipation in children should be by natural remedies like fibre XXXXXXX foods or castor oil.

Fibre XXXXXXX foods like oats, XXXXXXX leafy veg, apples, raw vegetables etc has to be a major part of her diet this will ensure easy bowel transit and enough water in the intestines to have a easy stool.

Also do give her a spoon of clean Medicated Castor oil available in pharmacies specially in the night for three days. Castor oil is not digested but helps as an lubricant to the food material and helps in preventing constipation.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Child crying due to stomach pain, stopped passing stools or urinating. Constipation. Help 2 days later
Thanks doctor, But the problem is, she never go for XXXXXXX veg. instead of that she prefer plain rice and dal to eat. Is any other food can help to decrease constipation, please help.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 8 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

You can give her Psyllium Husk which comes with brand name ISOBGOL.This a spoon mixed with water or milk given in the night will help.Also do try Castor oil as I advised above.