Child complaining of intermittent abdominal pain. What could be the cause?

Pediatrician
Question
My 5 year old daughter is complaining of intermittent abdominal pain X 3days. Pain is in the center of her belly. Her temp is 98.4, bowel sounds regular, urine pale yellow, feces soft, brown. She has soft abdomen in all quadrants, no pain in lower right quadrant. Pain seems to come and go after meals. She does not eat a lot of dairy and is not gassy. I do not have a clue?
Posted Sun, 8 Dec 2013 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: Intestinal infection needs to be excluded Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for your query. I understand your concern. Had you mentioned the frequency of the motion and how frequently the pain arises it would have helped me in giving a better response. How does the pain get relieved? I would suggest that you get your daughter's stool examined and in case the pain persists an ultrasound of the abdomen may be required. I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back in case you need any clarifications or if you would like to share more facts. Wishing your daughter an early recovery. Regards, Rajiv K Khandelwal http://goo.gl/SuCjl

Follow-up: Child complaining of intermittent abdominal pain. What could be the cause? 52 minutes later
Pain seems to come after meals. Relieved only by time. What motion are you talking about? I checked her stool. Color is normal, consistency is normal. Tell me about GERD and if you can have it without nausea

Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: Unlikely to be GERD Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for the update. It is very unlikely to be GERD by the description provided by you. You have mentioned about the physical examination of the stool. I would suggest that you get a Stool routine test done at a laboratory to know microscopic details which shall help us further in managing. I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Wishing your daughter an early recovery. Regards, Rajiv