Child birth, pain under belly button, sharp pain in colon, sexual activity, muscle pull ?

Hi I had a baby 3 weeks ago and today I started having bad sharp pains a little under my bellybutton and it hurt so bad and the sharp pain wass also in my colon. I took some tylenol and thepain wasnt as bad after that but it is still sore
I also have beeen havong sex for the past week and a half but it doesnt hurt.
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Vidya Muralidhar 3 hours later

Pain under the belly button could mean a lot of things, like a simple muscle pull, cramps, pain due to conditions like appendicitis, cholecystitis, any abdominal organ/wall pathology.

As TYLENOL has given relief, I suggest you wait for a while, if it is muscle pull it will subside, if not , you may need an abdominal examination with scan and an examination from your Gynecologist.

Presence of fever, body ache, discharge which is foul smelling or unusual in type from vagina, burning sensation on urination could mean an infection. In such a case you may need a course of antibiotics .

Do not take any medicines on your own as I presume you will be feeding your child by breast, use medicines only after consulting your doctor.

You can have sex, as long as your comfortable with it and it is not causing you any pain.

Hope I answered your query, I would be available to answer the follow up queries as well.