Child being fed with formula milk Nan pro as breast milk is not sufficient. What is correct dosage?

Hi.. My baby is 4 month old and I feed him breast milk n formula-nan pro1, as my milk is not sufficient. I have been continually taking lactation granules since my c_section to increase milk which has helped. However my breast milk is not sufficient for my son. I feed him nan pro twice a day, 120 ml of water n 3 scoops per feed. However am not sure if this is correct as the tin say 180 ml water plus 5 scoops per feed
Posted Sat, 17 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Alekhya 1 hour later
Thank you for the query.
I have understood your problem and as there is decreased secretion of breast milk, taking an alternate step for the formula feed is always a good idea.As you are also breast feeding your baby the amount of formula you are using is sufficient.5 scoops per feed is written for the babies who are taking only formula feed but not breast milk.So which you are doing right now is absolutely correct in my opinion.But you need to check your babies weight frequently to know whether the baby is improving with age.If not then you may need to increase the feed you are giving right now.
Hope this answers your query.If you have any follow-up queries you can ask again.