Child ate mud, vomiting, diarrhea, cant eat liquid diet, cysts, spores, fungus, chemicals ingested

Hi my daughter had mud today and she's really sick vomiting alot and have diarhia I can't feed her fluid or fruits she's vomits it out please help me how to stop her vomiting
Posted Wed, 16 May 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 23 hours later

Thanks for your query ,

Eating mud is one unnartural act where the child could have engulfed numerous infective organism in the form of cysts or spores , speciallly of fungus, parasites and XXXXXXX bacteria like tetanus.
Also depending on the area and the surroundings there could be harmful chemicals mixed with the mud.

As your child has developed severe vomiting and loose stools , either of the above would be the cause here.
She needs to be put on antibiotic cover at first to prevent further worsening of the condition since the sympotoms she as can cause severe dehydration in her i would ask you to feed her with ORS solutions If the vomiting is making it difficult , then do feed in small amounts say 25 ml every 15 min using a spoon. If the vomiting is severe then she may have to be put on antienmetics to control and preventy fluyid loss from the body

Hence visiting a pediatrician here is needed for getting her examined and put her on antibiotics , antiemetics for vomiting and necessary managemant of the dehydration.

Also do get her stools analysis done , may be twice two weeks apart to rule out any harmful parasitic cysts engulfed and can treat with specific deworming medications.

Do give her fiber foods like banana , XXXXXXX or papaya once her vomiting is controlled to throw out the mud swallowed.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.

Disclaimer: The Expert’s advice is provided for general informational purposes
only and SHOULD NOT be relied upon as a substitute for sound professional
medical advice, as a complete assessment of an individual has not taken place.Please consult your nearest physician before acting on it. The advice is not valid for medico-legal purposes also.