Chicken pox, spots on ribs, bluish skin discoloration, anti viral medicine, family history of seizures. Treatment ?

my little girl age 4 has chicken pox. day 3 of the spots appearing. taking the anti viral medecine as little brother suffered terribly. have noticed on her rib area where she has many spots, an oval shaped blueish skin discolouration has appeared just around one spot currently. the skin surrounding the spot is clear and flat, it looks like bruising but isnt? \Size of maybe a thumb print. Is it anything to worryabout?
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Child Health
Follow-up: Chicken pox, spots on ribs, bluish skin discoloration, anti viral medicine, family history of seizures. Treatment ? 13 minutes later
my little boy goes through periods of vision disturbance. This has happened since the age of around 1year. He is now 2 and a half and we still have episodes which will occur several times a day for maybe a month, then nothing. He was under a peaditrician at the hospital thought to maybe have absense sesures (spelling awful, sorry) but wasnt thought to be as not typical behaviour. Basically the lioght can bother XXXXXXX and cause his eyes to sqint and flicker, Eye balls go up and back, see the whites of his eyes, eye lids flutter but not violently, sometimes his head drops forwards or back. It can happen day or night, every few minutes or hour. There doesnt seem to be a specific pattern apart from when its here it stays a while then disappears again. We took footage but the hospital said it wasnt enough to diagnose and could be behavioral. I feel something is wrong but not getting anywhere fast. It happens when eating too and I panic incase he chokes. Any ideas?
Answered by Dr. Santosh Kondekar 2 minutes later

I appreciate your observation of noticing the bruise like spot. Infact it may be a bruise or XXXXXXX bleed, what you described was the correct description of it.

It seems that your daughter is suffering from infection. Viral infection is common. Despite the other sibling being diagnosed as chicken pox, I will request you to get this child's rash seen by a doctor who will confirm it as pox.

Many such rashes with severe bacterial infection develop bruising tendency and that needs to be ruled out.

I wish if you can post a picture of the rash or bruse to my attention at YYYY@YYYY to confirm.
a) How is her fever?
b) Does any rash show pus in it?

The conditions seems a non concerning problem, however I encourage you to see a pediatrician. Proper vigilance is necessary to keep unwanted effects from bay.

As far as vision blurring and uprolling of eyes is concerned, a complete evaluation to rule out seizure is needed. Discuss with your pediatrician. EEG is entailed.

Hope this answers your query. Should you have any more queries, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Chicken pox, spots on ribs, bluish skin discoloration, anti viral medicine, family history of seizures. Treatment ? 17 hours later
re my little boy, he did have a heart monitor which was fine and a test where they placed probes on his scalp, but the problem was that if he didnt have an episode during the 20minute proceedure then they couldnt identify. He didnt have one during this process so inconclusive! So this leaves me nowhere really. Is there anyhing you can suggest I do to help the doctors take this issue more sriously?
Answered by Dr. Santosh Kondekar 21 hours later

The possibility of seizure in the boy could not be ruled out.

An electroencephalogram will make it clear if its anything significant to require therapy.

If possible email me at YYYY@YYYY with SUB: ATTN Dr Kondekar, the short video of such movements quoting the query. That will help me arrive at a more accurate conclusion in your second query.