Chest x-ray shows increased marking to hilar area bilatera. High WBC count

chest x XXXXXXX reveals increased marking to hilar area bilateral, also wbc was 26,000, SOB
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 26 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query.
Accentuated hilar and basal bronchovascular markings is quite a common finding in chest x-rays that could mean anything from normal to very serious disease (if associated with other findings). It is used as either to confirm a diagnosis by other methods, or as a starting point to investigate further. 

This finding alone could simply mean that the subject of the x-ray is a smoker, has an acute (e.g. pneumonia) or chronic (e.g. asthma) pulmonary disease, has some degree of valvular heart disease, etc. Do not read into this more than it merits, but do consult with the doctor that ordered the x-ray to understand what he/she concluded from your work up.
Since your blood counts are very high and which means infection in the blood.
This infection could be due to pneumonia or some other ailment.
Your doctor is the ideal person to comment on the cause for high blood counts.
I hope to have answered your query however you can revert to me for any other query.
Thanks and best of luck.
Follow-up: Chest x-ray shows increased marking to hilar area bilatera. High WBC count 43 minutes later
They said my xray didn't show Any pheumio this visit but i did have a
Bacterial infection gave me 4 shots of rochpin for 4 days and then levaqiun by
Mouth for ten days and then they called today and want me to go
See a lung dr.. And it's just got me worried untill i go
See the lung dr . just don't know if I
Need to be worried .
And I
To say this but Im a smoker . oh and they cant tell
What is
Causing the
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 36 minutes later
Since diagnosis for your increased blood counts is not clear that's why you are being sent to a lung doctor for his opinion to see whether lung infection is the cause for increased blood counts or not.
Please quit smoking as this is really very harmful and XXXXXXX addiction.
There is nothing to worry regarding seeing a lung doctor as this is being done to rule in or rule out lung infection.