Chest x-ray shows Prominent Bronchopulmonary vascular markings in bilateral lung fields. Explain

Hi Doctor, my wife's chest X'ray shows " PROMINENT BRONCHOPULMONARY VASCULAR MARKINGS IN BILATERAL LUNG FIELDS". And her abdomino-pelvi ultrasonography report shows "GRADE I FATTY LIVER". She is 49 years old. Please explain the situation.
Posted Tue, 22 Oct 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
needs some history.

Detailed Answer:
Hi welcome and thanks for writing in.
I have gone through your report. Before explaining chest xray I want to know few things.
1. Is she having any complaints.?
2. Is there hypertension or breathlessness at present.?
3. What is weight of patients, obese or not?

Findings are pathological or not can be explained after above history only.

Looking forward for your response.

Follow-up: Chest x-ray shows Prominent Bronchopulmonary vascular markings in bilateral lung fields. Explain 5 minutes later
no complications are there. she is into menopause. she is a little obese. she is 5 ft and 62 kg weight

what about the first question: presence of "prominent bronchopulmonary vascular markings in bilateral lung fields" ?
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
no major illness at present.

Detailed Answer:
Hi welcome back.
Thanks for information. As there is no symptoms or cardiac problems , finding of increased bronchovascular markings is just a age related changes. Sometimes there is dilatation of pulmonary vessels occurs as per age. The bonchus ( airways) and vessels are sometimes could not be seen separately on chest xray so it is combined termed as bronchovascular marking. If there are no chest symptoms , then you can ignore this finding.
Regarding fatty liver, it is just a deposition of fat in liver. It is also commonly seen in many individuals. It only significant when associated with morbid obesity.
I would advise please consult your physician. As per clinical examination further investigation like 2D echo or blood lipid profile tests can be decided

Hope I have answered your query. Any further doubts are welcome.