Chest x-ray showed mild streaky opacity. What does this mean ?

Radiologist
Question
My chest X XXXXXXX showed mild streaky opacity, what does that mean ? it goes on to say Ddx includes fibrosis,
bronchitic change or due to insufficient inspiration. Thanks.
Posted Fri, 2 Nov 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans

Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 4 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX
Streaky opacities means any changes seen in chest X-rays which disturbs the normal radiolucency (blackness) of X-ray. It is a very non-specific finding occurring due to remote infection, causing fibrosis.
If you are having active cough with sputum expectoration then bronchitis can be considered. Now regarding insufficient inspiration, chest X XXXXXXX should be taken in full inspiration. If that did not happen, then wall of bronchus(airways) collapses leading to streaky opacities.
Threshold for calcium score above which consideration is given is 400. In your case it is only 162.8, so there is no need to worry.
Let me know if you have any more concerns.

Follow-up: Chest x-ray showed mild streaky opacity. What does this mean ? 40 minutes later
Dr.Sanap,

Thank you for your answer, I just uploaded the chest and ultrasound report for your perusal, there is really nothing much one can do with a fatty liver except eating less high cholesterol food and more exercise which I am doing now, besides, I am not a smoker.

Rgds,

XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 14 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

I think there was some problem while uploading the reports, as I have not received the same. Please upload again or email me the reports to this address YYYY@YYYY with subject as “attention to Dr. Ganesh Sanap”.

Regarding fatty liver, you are doing perfectly right. No need to overstretch for it.

Waiting for your reports.

Regards.

Follow-up: Chest x-ray showed mild streaky opacity. What does this mean ? 8 hours later
Dear Dr. Sanap,

Pls find attached upload report again.

Rgds,

XXXXXXX

Hi XXXXXXX
I have gone through your reports , we have discussed all the necessary findings like streaky opacities, fatty liver, calcium score. There is no more important thing to elaborate in your report. For the fatty liver, you are indeed on the right course.
I hope I have addressed your concerns.