Chest x-ray showed evidence of fibrotic scarring with few parenchymal calcification. Looking for remedy

Dear Sir,
I have an job offer from middle east but when done chest x-ray its showing that there is evidence o fibrotic scarring with few parenchymal calcification and plueral thickening else everything is seem to be normal.request ur kind help for treament as have never had a history of TB and phneumonia ANY REMEDY TO SCAR FROM CHEST XRAY OR M I B ABLE GET THE JOB IN MIDDLE EAST
Posted Thu, 2 Aug 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 20 minutes later

Thanks for the question.

I am sorry, but the treatment options for lung fibrosis or calcification are very limited. There is no evidence that any medications can significantly help this condition. Lung transplantation is the only therapeutic option available in severe cases. Corticosteroids have been tried to slow down the process of fibrosis.

A primary TB infection can go unnoticed and is only detected when x-ray is done for some other reason.

I am unsure if this is going to be a hindrance for your job in the Middle East.

Hope this answers your question. Please do write back in case you have follow up queries to ask.

All the best.