Chest x-ray showed bronchitis. What is bronchitis and how to cure?

Question
My chest x XXXXXXX report states that Bronchitis, what is bronchitis and how to cure?
Posted Tue, 31 Jul 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 30 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX
Bronchitis is an inflammation of the airways mostly manifested clinically by cough, respiratory distress and at times fever but rarely.
The cause is mostly allergic but may be due to infections- viral/bacterial.
The findings on chest x XXXXXXX are very poor diagnostic tool and the main diagnosis is done by clinical examination and history.
I wonder why should you have RA Factor positive and why did you get it done.
Do you have pain in joints.
Allergic bronchitis needs prolonged and regular treatment in direction of your physician so please get an personal visit to make a final diagnosis.
I think that answers your query.

Follow-up: Chest x-ray showed bronchitis. What is bronchitis and how to cure? 3 hours later
i have joint problems, so i have done this test, along with it i have done all the tests, and found some corrections ... like Colestrol, RA and chest ...

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 8 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX
Welcome back,
The problem of joints with RA Factor positive indicates you might be suffering from Rheumatoid Arthritis and certainly should see your physician in person and undergo a physical examination and follow with advised investigations so that you do not have progression of this disease and can reduce suffering.
Allergic bronchitis needs prolonged and regular treatment and if only this is a sporadic occurrence then an course of antibiotics and decongestant medicines is all that is required but only in direction of your physician.
I hope that answers your query.