Chest tightness, vomiting, burning sensation when breathing. What could this be?

Last night I woke up with a tightness in my chest and just felt funny all over, I felt like this for a while then eventually threw up and felt a little I never felt really good and tonight my chest is tight again and i feel like I have to take XXXXXXX breaths and there is a slight burning. Am starting to get scared, what could this be?
Posted Thu, 20 Sep 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 1 hour later

From the symptoms it looks like gastritis with may be gastro-esophageal reflux.You can give a try to oral antacids.Avoid any spicy food, smoking or alcohol.

Some times heart issues have atypical presentation, so keep a watch on symptoms like chest pain,pain radiating to arm,SOB, increase in symptoms even on regular exertion or dizziness. Getting a precautionary EKG done just to be on safer side would be surely a wise decision.

Hope this answers your question.