Chest tightness, chest pain, cold. EKG showed abnormal low voltage.

i have tightness in my chest. There is an area above my right breast that has pain all the time. Not hard pain but a dull pain that i know is there. I have had what appears to be a bad cold and tightness since october. I went to the doctor in November and all they did was an ekg that they told me was ok, but the report they gave me said low voltage abnormal. the last two days have been worse. I have a tight all in the font of my chest and sometime it goes to my back, but the current tightness does not go to the back.
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Geeta Sundar 2 hours later

You have dull pain and tighness above your right breast for which you have undergone an ECG (electrocardiogram) which showed only low voltage.

I would like to know whether the pain increases when you take a XXXXXXX breath or cough? Do you have breathlessness?

The pain could be muscular in origin or from the lungs as well apart from cardiac reasons.

Finding of low voltage ECG is not that significant. I assume, your doctor has ruled out cardiac cause for this chest tightness.

Please take an over the counter chest decongestant, and pain killer for a couple of days. If the pain is due to muscular reasons, it should subside with pain medications like Tylenol. If it does not improve, do see your doctor again to rule out a lung problem.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.