Chest tightness, CHF history, generalized anxiety disorder, having zoloft. Causes ?

32 year old female with two days of chest tightness and discomfort. Feel the need to take a XXXXXXX breath often and/ or yawn - but not short of breath. No trauma or illness otherwise. History of CHF after fluid overload (postpartum) - that was three years ago. I also have generalized anxiety disorder - have had for 10 years - my anxiety does not normally manifest this way. I take 200 mg of zoloft a day - no other medications. Thank you in advance for your help
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later

I appreciate your concern towards your health. First of all it is important for you to get examined by a physician for having the complaint of tightness in chest. There could be several reasons for this.

The common ones are:

1.Rise in blood pressure.

2.Some cardiac ailment.

4.Gastric discomfort.

5.Some form of weakness may be due to fever or otherwise.

6.Some infection in chest.

You have a history of one of the cardiac problems, though we know the cause, still I feel that it will be better for you to visit a physician and get your self examined. You at least need to have your blood pressure checked, blood sugar and EKG done as per the advise from your physician.

In the mean time, avoid taking large meals, take rest, avoid physical exertion and try taking antacids if you have one with you. You might feel better with all these, still to play safe physician visit is a must. You can even opt to go to ER.

I hope this answers you query, I will be happy to answer if you have some more queries about this.