Chest sore after falling,no broken ribs. Treatment?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
I fell and now my chest is sore especially on each side. No broken ribs. Checked that out, but what do I do for this painful soreness?
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 1 hour later

Fall and injury to chest can cause fracture ribs or muscle or ligament strain or XXXXXXX bruise.
If you have ruled out fracture ribs and there is no local swelling or extreme pain on touch indicative of XXXXXXX bruise then there is nothing worrisome as of now.
Any muscle strain will require time to heal and till then you can take any antiinflammatory analgesic containing acetaminophen and ibuprofen for pain relief.Physiotherapy and hot fomentation may provide early relief.
If the pain persists or you develop any new symptom like fever, restriction of movement etc. then seek prompt medical consultation .otherwise just take adequate rest, a healthy diet and plenty of fluids for better healing.

Hope I have answered your query.
Ill be available for any follow up queries.