Chest pressure, pacemaker, at rest, light exercise, angina ?

I'm having chest pressure and have a pacemaker. The pressure is quite intense, can be at rest or light exercise , lasts a minute or two. Could this be angina?
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 hours later

Thanks for consulting me,

Yes, It could be a sign of impending angina, Unstable angina or simple causes involving the lungs.

If you have associated symptoms like nausea , excessive sweating , dizziness ,Palpitation or breathlessness then cardiac causes are to be ruled out soon.

I would ask you get examined by a cardiologist and rule out the cardiac cause.
If no cardiac pathology is diagnosed here get an Chest Xray to know some more insights into your problem.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.
Follow-up: Chest pressure, pacemaker, at rest, light exercise, angina ? 8 hours later
I do have dizziness with the pressure, as well as on it's own. I also have breathlessness when climbing stairs etc. This is unusual for me as I am of good general fitness. Could the new pacemaker lead have caused this to happen? Could that be the cause of these symptoms?

I'm seeing my doctor this afternoon. The pacemaker was checked yesterday and all was ok

Many thanks
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 8 hours later
Hi again,

Thanks for following me up,

No, the symptoms you have are not related to the pacemaker .

May be as a indirect effect of the pacemaker , there would be deficiency in blood supply to the heart leading to the above symptoms.

A good detailed examination will surely come out with reasons here .

Wish you Good health.