Chest pressure below collarbone. Is this gas or a heart problem?

Jan 2013

i am having chest pressure right below my collarbone and wondering if this is gas or a heart problem
Posted Tue, 18 Sep 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 1 hour later
Do you have any episode of fever/ cough with or without sputum/ sweating/ squeezing sensation?
Are you smoker and alcoholic?
Do you have abdominal bloating/ abdominal heaviness/ acidic belching/ excessive flatulence?
Is there any history of injury?
Considering your age and location of pain, possibility of heart disease appears to be least.
You should consult with physician and go for ECG and chest x XXXXXXX on preliminary basis.
If lung infection is found then you should take treatment under guidance of treating physician.
If both tests are normal then you should take muscle relaxants.
If muscle relaxants are not helpful then you should go for 2 D echo, TMT and coronary angiography if needed.
Put your query if you have.
Best regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Follow-up: Chest pressure below collarbone. Is this gas or a heart problem? 1 hour later
I am a smoker and had an EKG a week ago which was normal I also had my lungs checked and was told they were normal. I am having intermittent pain in the chest area. I used to work out everyday but haven't in 2months and am worried that if I do go back to working out my heart won't handle it even though my EKG was normal. What are your thoughts?
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 6 hours later
Once in while,ocassional pain may be due to muscular sprain.
You should consult with physician and should take muscle relaxants on written prescriptions.
Dr. Mayank Bhargava