Chest pains, left shoulder, back pain, left arm pain, burping, dizziness, headaches. Causes ?

I am female, age 58. For about two weeks now I have had chest pains that go to my upper left shoulder/back and sometimes in my left arm. I have also had to burp frequently with no apparent reason, and I am at times dizzy or lightheaded. I also have headaches that seem to go down to my face and jaw.
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 17 minutes later
At your age with a history of high blood pressure your symptoms are suggestive of problems like-
1. Cardiac ischaemia or angina- The pain usually refers to left shoulder, back and arm. It can be ruled out by having an ECG specially during the pain episode.
2. Esophagitis- Try to avoid taking fried and spicy foods and avoid going to bed just after meals. PPIs like omeprazole can help.
3. Frozen shoulder- An orthopaedician will help in diagnosis after an examination and OTC pain killers and physiotherapy will help in relieving the pain.
All these conditions need to be ruled out to reach a diagnosis and then can be treated accordingly.
I suggest a thorough work up given your age and medical history. Please take an appointment with primary physician.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. If there are additional concerns, I am available for your followups.