Chest pain,pain in ribs,sweaty all over body,blood test,chest x-ray,ECG,urinalysis all normal

Hello, I have been feeling funny for some months now, it was initially chest pain and pain on both side of my ribs, did blood test, urinalysis and chest x_ray, also ECG, Doctors said nothing is found, I am afraid. Currently I am having a sweaty feeling inside my body, on my lower abdomen, legs, arms, all over. What is wrong with me, Please I need help. Thank you and God Bless.
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 hours later

The history you gave me make me suspicious about acid peptic disease like GERD ( gastro esophageal reflux disease) as the symptoms are very typical.

The best way to rule it out is by a Upper GI endoscopy, this will give us detailed insights into the Upper GI with images so as to rule out acid peptic disease which is a expected cause in you.

Ibuprofen you are taking could be one responsible cause for the symptoms you have which does it by damaging the protective bicarbonate layer on the stomach lining and expose the sensitive mucosa of the stomach to gastric acid, I shall ask you to cut down on its consumption.

Take tab Prilosec 20mg once early in the morning before food for a week and observe the change .If there is any improvement then acid peptic disease can be a considerable cause needing to be ruled out by Upper GI endoscopy.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.