Chest pain while breathing. Is this a serious problem?

I am a 32 year old female. Last night I went to sleep but this morning when I was trying to turn over, I had pain in the left side of my chest. It's not sharp pain. It's more dull but constant. When I breathe, my chest also hurts. I'm at work now, and I've had the urge to sneeze a few times but have been unable to sneeze. This is uncommon for me, so I wanted to know if this is some type of gas due to acidic foods/drinks or if this seems more serious.
Posted Thu, 21 Mar 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 2 hours later
A dull constant pain of right side of chest may be due to a simple Muscular strain which is a self limiting event means would heal by itself. But similar pain can be due to a lung infection, a pleurisy or a gall bladder problem like cholelithiasis/cholecystitis.
The latter problems need to be ruled out by investigations.
A chest Xray, ultrasound abdomen and a complete blood counts would be worthwhile.
Meanwhile you should take Ultracet for pain twice a day to comfort pain.
Hope the advise would be helpful.
Follow-up: Chest pain while breathing. Is this a serious problem? 16 minutes later
Thanks for your response. I forgot to mention that last week I was having sporadic sharp pains in my left abdomenal area, but it only lasted a 2-3 days. I'm not sure if this could be related but I will likely go get some xrays and ultrasound as you have suggested.
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 28 hours later
Welcome back to healthcare Magic!
Normally such a jumping pain from left to right and vice versa is of muscular strain or the acid peptic disease but the probabilities suggested in the previous answer must be investigated due to more seriousness.
If they are not there then would like to concentrate on peptic disorder and musculoskeletal treatment issues.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!