Chest pain treated by exercise. CTA, echo-cardiogram, treadmill test reports normal. Why the constant pain?

I have been cleared of any heart issues, through testing with Coronary CTA, Echocardiogram, & Treadmill Stress Test, yet I still get Chest Pains that last from 4 hours to 2 days. Pain is usually local, but is about 3 of a scale of 10. The only way to get rid of it seems to be exercise ......... Do I be concerned this is still my heart, or is it something else ? PS. 43 YO Male, 205 lbs, 120/79 avg. blood pressure 6ft. tall Pain is usually in middle of chest, but pain does move around throughout day sometimes. Calcium Score was 0 with no occlussions or stenosis. Pain has been occuring since Sept. 2010. Avg. about 15 days of every month.

Thanx Bernie
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Gopi A 5 hours later

I have gone through your details. From all your investigations( Coronary CTA, Echocardiogram, & Treadmill stress test ) it is quite certain that the pain you are experiencing is not related to the heart.

The other possible causes for your pain could be acidity or musculoskeletal in nature. If it is musculoskeletal you will get temporary relief with analgesics like Tab.Tylenol twice a day after food for 5 days.

In case of acidity, antacids like Tab.Prilosec taken in the morning before breakfast for 5 days should be should give you relief. Otherwise you could see a gastroenterologist or an orthopaedic specialist.

A calcium score of 0 is associated with a 96% to100% probability of no coronary disease.
The score is derived as a compilation of the size and brightness of all the calcium deposits seen within your heart arteries.

Hope i have answered your query.I will be available for follow up.
With regards

Dr. A. Gopi