Chest pain, sweating, increased heart beat, nausea, no shortness of breath. Have type 2 diabetes, hypercholesterolemia, hypertension. What do you think?

Question
I have Had two episodes of severe right chest pain radiating to my right nipple back and down right arm, I was very sweaty, fast heart beat nausea no shortness of breath. I have type two diabetes on insulin hba1c is 6.5 (Australian measurement) I have hypercholesteriamia and hypertension. On maximum therapy for both. I felt quite panicky when it occured today too. What do you think.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 42 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
Given that you have diabetes, hypertension and hypercholesterolemia, I would first of all like to rule out a cardiovascular condition such as angina or myocardial infarction. I would suggest that you visit the emergency as soon as possible and get an electrocardiogram (ECG) done. This will help us put aside all our worries related to a heart problem.
In case the ECG is normal, I would also recommend that you get a treadmill test done to rule out any other abnormalities.
If both these tests are normal, it is likely that you have an issue related to acidity or gastroesophageal reflux disease.
For this, the following would help:
a.     Eating small meals at regular intervals would help
b.     Have an early dinner
c.     Avoid smoking or consuming alcohol
d.     An over the counter antacid would help deal with the pain
I hope I have addressed your concerns.

Follow-up: Chest pain, sweating, increased heart beat, nausea, no shortness of breath. Have type 2 diabetes, hypercholesterolemia, hypertension. What do you think? 16 hours later
Many Thanks, Kind Regards XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 4 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX
Thanks and best of luck.