Chest pain, shortness of breath on walking, pain throughout chest. History of cervical spondylosis. Causes?

I have been getting chest pain with slight shortness of breath on walking even 10 metres. The pain is across the entire chest wall. This is happening only today. I have cervical spondyliosis. My physician has ruled out anything cardiac. What could be the pain due to?
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 36 minutes later

Thank you for posting your question.

Not withstanding the fact that your physician may have ruled out anything cardiac, to me your symptoms are classical of angina pectoris. This could be pain arising from your heart muscle when you exert yourself. It is due to a lack of oxygen being delivered to your heart due to coronary artery disease.

Sometimes, stress tests do not invariably show up coronary artery disease. I believe you need to have a coronary angiogram (X-rays of the coronary arteries) to access the real status of these vessels.

Kindly get yourself re-evaluated again for cardiac cause.

I hope, I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.