Chest pain radiating to arm, done CBC and lipid test. Muscle cramp when stretching. Related?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Im 29 years old male. Last week i had chest pain on my right side by my arm pit. it radiated to my right arm all the way to my finger tips. It was hard to raise my arm. it lasted about 2 minutes. I went for a cbc, and lipids lab yesterday. I has monocytes at 10.9, mchc 31.1, mcv at 96.5. everything else was normal. in january i had high triglycerides. but now they are good. When i stretch anything my muscles tense up and cramp don't know if it related. The muscle thing ive had since about 8-12 months
Posted Mon, 10 Sep 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 18 minutes later
The pain you had in your arm and an occasional tensing up of muscles could be due to a nerve root compression at the level of cervical spine.
You need to get an MRI of the cervical spine done to rule out any spondylottic changes in your spine.
Sometimes, it can be due to dehydration, muscle fatigue or electrolyte abnormalities. It is better to drink sufficient fluid and also see that your intake of electrolytes (sodium, potassium, magnesium ) is sufficient. You can drink Oralyte for this.
Regular stretching of the muscles and mild aerobic exercises will be helpful. The mild changes in monocytes or MCHC is not likely to be related to this problem.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.