Chest pain, numbness in hand, acidity, anxiety, vitamin deficiency. Taking vitamin supplements. Advise medication

since some days i am feeling chest pains regularly and my left arm feels numb specially the middle part of my arm feels numb and warm inside. also i had done some test like sugar which is 99 fasting.. lipid profile shows hdl = 229 and ldl = 151. my vitamin b12 is 323 & vitamin d3 shows deficiency = 18 so the doctor gave me a weekly dose of vitamin d3 med and said that the muscle around the chest are week so pain is there. i regulary walk for around 25 min without any problems. but still i have acidity attacks and my heartrate shoots up to 108 bpm. i feel week after the long acidity problems after i eat. i feel week and i have lost my confidence due to this. i constantly feel some thing heavy in my left chest. and my mind constantly thinks some thing bad is about to happen.i also feel anxiety and stress.please help
Posted Tue, 23 Apr 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 4 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query,
Its good the tests were run to determine metabolic disorders which could explain partly the weakness. I suggest you continue taking the Vitamin D3 as prescribed by your doctor.
I would suggest you do a chest X XXXXXXX to have a good idea of the integrity of the intra thoracic structures. Chest and numbness in the left arm could have some relationship. A possible mass causing a compression of a branch of the brachial plexus, responsible for the nerve supply in the upper limbs is a possibility.
A detailed clinical evaluation is very necessary too to rule out gastritis could or gastrointestinal reflux disease could present with signs and symptoms as such that shall mimic lung or thoracic origin pathologies.
A complete blood count to know your blood hemoglobin level and electrolyte panel, to determine levels of especially Calcium and Magnesium might be necessary.
It is very necessary for you to concentrate on the future and develop a positive thinking with respect to life. You must not think in any way something terrible should happen to you, or you got too many problems. remember you are always a thousand times better than others. Problems are part and parcel of the living process, and you must not succumb at times to them to weigh down on you. Associating with friends and exercise could be very helpful gateways.
I suggest you consult an internist for a proper clinical evaluation and comprehensive paraclinical testing and advice. It s a good idea if a phychologist's inputs could be sought for at some point in time in your management scheme.
thanks and best regards,
Do not hesitate asking further questions if need be.
Luchuo, MD.