Chest pain, normal ECG and blood, hyperacidity. Effect on heart?

Dear sir, iam XXXXXXX 27 age with 80 kg, past 3 months iam getting chest pain , they have taken ecg normal ,blood normal but they said hyperacdity , kindly say whether it will affects heart , and prevention
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later

It would be better if you can answer the following questions.

1. Which part of the chest pains - left / right / centre?
2. Can you describe the type of pain - dull aching constant pain, burning type, sharp shooting pain?
3. Does the pain increase or reduce with food?
4. Does the pain increase with cough, breathing?
5. Does the pain occur at rest or after a physical exertion?
6. Do you experience other symptoms such as palpitations, breathing difficulty, cough, vomiting, etc?
7. Do you have history of diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol?
8. Do you smoke or consume alcohol?
9. Do you have history of heart disease among parents or siblings?
10. Could you specify your height and waist circumference?

Answers to the above questions will help me in identifying if a heart issue is to be considered.

Since you report that ECG was not conclusive of a heart problem, it is likely that the pain is non related to a heart problem. Hyperacidity (gastritis or reflux oesophagitis) is more likely.

Hyperacidity problem can be controlled by means of good medications as well as proper lifestyle. They include the following:
a. Antacids syrups need to be followed as suggested by your doctor.
b. Anti ulcer medications such as H1 blockers, proton pump inhibitors which as easily available (OTC) can be taken for 2 weeks
c. Avoid fasting and be regular with your meal times.
d. Get regular and adequate sleep - Minimum of 6-8 hours of sleep.
e. Restrict consumption of spicy diet, coffee/tea, sweets, sauces, pickles, pastries etc.
f. If you are often under stress try destressing techniques such as meditation, yoga, exercises.
g. Aim for weight reduction if you are overweight.
h. If symptoms are very frequent, abdominal examination from a gastroenterologist and upper GI endoscopy are required.

Hope I have answered your query.

Looking forward to hear from you to give you more information on your query.

Best Regards
Follow-up: Chest pain, normal ECG and blood, hyperacidity. Effect on heart? 2 hours later
thanks for replying sir , the pain will left side at the near to upper abs side sir , iam not able to explain the pain type once the pain came not able to do any work , already high bp 130/90 , this tables i have taken , dompan ,nubeta 2.5, nexito, ativan 1mg,1 .food not been digetion properly, kindlu guide me sir , comeing XXXXXXX i planned to marriage whether i will affets any futher life .
some time gas came to mouth also , pain will constant pain type
Answered by Dr. Prasad 6 hours later

Thanks for the additional information.

Your history is more suggestive of Acid reflux disease(due to hyperacidity), also known as Heart burn.
The medications that you are taking will help and relieves from the symptoms.
Drug DOMPAN will help you in decreasing the hyperacidity(decreases the pain).
While the remaining drugs NUBETA, ATIVAN, NEXITO will help you in relieving unnecessary anxiety and stress.

If you take the medications properly and if you follow my earlier advice you will definitely get better.

It will not affect in future provided you follow the healthy lifestyle.It will not affect your marriage life.
All the Best.
Congratulations for your future life.

Hope I have answered your query.