Chest pain near shoulder, arm pain, high blood pressure. Taking Sartel and Amtas. Help

Question
I AM XXXXXXX ,M,39. I HAD CHEST PAIN AND UNDERGONE ANGIOGRAM WHICH FOUND TO BE COMPLETELY NORMAL. RECENTLY I AM HAVING PAIN IN UPPER LEFT CHEST(NEAR SHOULDER) AND IN LEFT ARM. I HAVE A BIT HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE AND TAKE SARTEL- H 40 AND AMTAS 2.5 MG DAILY.I I TAKE ROSAVEL 5 DAILY FOR LOWERING CHOLESTEROL. NOW MY BP IS 120/75 AND CHOLESTEROL IS 150.I WAS TAKING OMEZ 20 DAILY WHICH I STOPPED 4-5 DAYS BACK. PLEASE HELP
Posted Mon, 24 Sep 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 31 minutes later

From your description, I learn that you are young and suffering with hypertension. Antihypertensive drugs like Sartel H 40 and Amtas 2.5 mg are keeping your BP to almost desirable level - that is good.
You also could have Dyslipedemia for which Rozawel is given.

I would like to know the following to understand the condition better:
1) For how long have you been suffering with hypertension?
2) Any family history of heart disease or diabetes?
3) Are you smoker? Do you take Alcohol?
4) Are you Overweight?
5) How has your life style been - does it involve a lot of stress?

Have you also taken a Stress test commonly known as TMT?

I am sure the coronary angiogram was performed as a result of chest pain. I am glad to know that it was normal and no significant block was performed. But as angina is a clinical disease causes by narrowing and reduction of blood supply to heart, you may try sub lingual sorbitrate or glyceryl trinitrate spray to see if it gets relieved. Your physician/cardiologist can prescribe the aforementioned medication to you.

If the pain is not relieved with or without associated perspiration, then go for an ECG to rule out fresh blocks. A normal ECG at that stage will classify the pain as non cardiac and other causes like a muscular ache / acidity / reflux Oesophagitis can mimic chest pain are the cause.

The step wise approach will help you learn/diagnose the condition and thereby help us to take necessary measures to prevent chest pain in future.

I understand the process appears a bit complex, but under the guidance of an able physician we should be able to resolve it soon.

I hope I have answered your question. Let me know the details of your investigation so that I can elaborate on those. I will be glad to answer any other queries which you may have.