Chest pain, losing vision and hearing, tingling lips. Had car accident. What could cause this?

I am a 29 year old woman this morning at work I got a pain in the right side of my chest that was really uncomfortable that lasted for a while, I began feeling ill and sweating, I continued to work at my desk and the pain had moved to the bottom of my rib cage on the right side. I got up and went to the copy machine and as I was making copies I began to lose my vision, all I could see was what looked like "snow" on a television and I also lost my hearing in both ears everything sounded as if I was underwater and they kind of felt pressurized and my lips were tingling. I went back to my desk and turned on my fan and drank some water and after a while I was back to normal. What could have caused this?

It is rather warm in the office I work in, I am under alot of stress, I think I may be developing carpal tunnel, I've had alot of pain and numbness in my arms/wrists in the recent weeks, I have scholiosis and back problems. I am a single mother of a 2 year old. I was in a car accident last October where someone rear ended me at 70mph and was diagnosed with whiplash, my neck hasn't been the same since. I've also got a half broken wisdom tooth that has been that way for a couple years now, it doesn't feel painful I use mouthwash alot to keep it clean I have intended to get it removed but it seems like something always happens that prevents me from getting it done time/money. I don't have dental insurance and I plan on getting it taken out at tax time in the recent weeks it has been starting to bother me, feel painful/more rotten.
Posted Sat, 25 Aug 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 1 hour later
Thanks for writing in.
I am a medical specialist with an additional degree in the sub specialty of Cardiology.
I read your mail with diligence.
I think I can understand the degree of mental stress you had been under over last few months. Your history of whiplash injury and broken wisdom tooth gives me fair idea of what all you had been through.

Coming to right sided chest pain with autonomic symptoms like sweating followed by black out, snowy vision and feeling of loss of speech and feel akin to be underwater points to arrhythmia with transient ischemic attack (TIA) involving sensory system or temporary lack of oxygen by your brain. It was transient for you recovered, it could be arrhythmia for we are postulating the effective blood flow to portions of brain was temporarily disrupted. Black out of vision is a usual manifestation of cardiac arrhythmia. Here I want to ask two specific question:
1. Do you suffer from elevation of blood pressure or any cardiac illness? Are you
taking any cardiac medicines.
2. Did your experience any such episode or even part of whole gambit of symptoms
like chest pain or black out or inability of hearing others ever?

Irrespective of answers, I would strongly urge you to see your doctor on urgent basis, if an appointment or walk in regular out patient department is not possible on busy Monday. You have to request a colleague to take you to nearest ER. Alternatively, call 911 as well as someone from neighborhood or some relative to take care of your child for you do not know how long it is going to take in emergency. No need to press panic button but enough to raise concern. I belieive worst is over but in order to avoid repetition you need thorough examination and some essential tests. If there is any question for me please mail, it shall be replied at the soonest. Regards.

With Best Wishes

Dr Anil Grover,
Medical Specialist & Cardiologist
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW