Chest pain, fever. Diagnosed with achondroplasia, Raised crp. Taken taxim, amikacin, emeset. What do you suggest?

Question
Hi, I have 7 yr old daughter with achondroplasia and recently had a fever for 3 days and did a blood test for crp which resulted in 173 which is very high. She was hospitalized and treated with inj taxim 500, inj amikacin 100, inj emeset, and uphamol 250/5ml. And discharged with a crp level fo 12 and medications (syp azileb 200/5ml & ventolin 3.5ml). Before hospitalization, she complained of chest pain twice. Please advise your views on this matter.
Thanks - XXXXXXX
Posted Tue, 23 Apr 2013 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 4 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query,
Raised CrP were indications of probable acute bacterial infections and certainly the anti biotics given were very appropriate. This was confirmed by the fact that she had a CrP of 12 on discharge, which is a remarkable improvement. Think the treatment was appropriate.

It would interesting knowing the actual diagnosis during admission. Chest pain accompanied by such a high CrP could be an indication of a chest (pulmonary/lung) infection. It would be interesting knowing whether a chest X XXXXXXX was done and the probable results.

If the chest pain is something very recurrent, a chest X XXXXXXX would be very necessary, coupled with a detailed clinical evaluation to detect the cause of this pain. Chest pain could even have causes originating from abdominal organs, thus necessity for a proper clinical evaluation.

For now, I do not think its a major cause for concern if she is not complain. But if she does, or has the tradition of always of chest pain, consulting with a pediatrician for a proper evaluation might me worthwhile. If not, no reason to be bothered as I wish you and the baby girl the best of health.
Kind regards,
Luchuo, MD.

Follow-up: Chest pain, fever. Diagnosed with achondroplasia, Raised crp. Taken taxim, amikacin, emeset. What do you suggest? 3 hours later
Are these sorts of things related to acondroplasia? Her major complain was paining behind knees. As per the doctor there is nothing wrong with the knees.

Hi and thanks for the query,
In actual fact, it should NO relationship with Achondroplasia. In this condition, there is no preferential or special defects attributed only to the knees. The hyaline cartilage abnormality is generalized.
It should not have any relationship to the achondroplasia.
Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.