Chest pain, fast heartbeat, on berocca (vitamin b and c)

Hi , I’m 21 male student, suddenly I feel my heartbeat is faster than normal, but when I measure it is between 80-90 per min, but the thing is sometimes I feel pain in my chest. Recently I have used one Berocca (vitamin b and c) every day but even when I have stopped having it for it four days, I still keep having the unmoral heartbeat. I don’t have a health history. My height is 170 cm and weight 62 k.
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 1 hour later

A normal adult's pulse can be anywhere from 60 to 100 beats per minute. Anything over 100 is technically defined as a tachycardia.

Since you are having chest pain along with fast heart rate, a few possibilities need to be ruled out.

These include:
1)     Anxiety and stress
2)     Anemia
3)     Hyperthyroidism
4)     Paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia
5)     Heart disorders

I suggest you to get it examined from a physician and get your Hb levels, thyroid function tests and an EKG and stress ECHO to rule out the above conditions.

Till then, eat a healthy diet and take iron supplements for few weeks.
You can also have iron XXXXXXX foods like liver, lean red meats, beans like kidney, lima, navy, black, pinto, soy beans, and lentils, iron fortified whole grains, XXXXXXX vegetables like spinach, tofu, broccoli, swiss chard, asparagus, parsley, chicken, nuts, egg yolk and dry fruits.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then do not hesitate to write back to me. I will be happy to answer your queries.