Chest pain during sex. Is this due to stress or excitement? History of heart surgery.

Question
last night while making love to my husband, i found i had pains in my chest couldnt breath and i dont know how to explain it, it was very overwhelming, i was so scared and he got scared,, i sat up and i was realy freaking out after about 5 mins of just trying to catch my breath correctly and telling myself to relax it calmed down.. is this due to stress or anything to do with excitement or anything.. i have had previous heart surgery but due to accedential stabbing in right artirium. and i do notice sometimes with stress it does get heavy. i am also 0/w at 5ft 9 i am 110kg but doesnt normally afect my breathing or my heart unless really upset or angry an d then not always either..
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 2 hours later
Hi there.

You need an ECG now to rule out myocardial infarction. You simply can not assume anything. Please go now.It is an emergency, if it repeats it could be of more intensity this time.

Hope I have answered your query.

Andrew Rynne.